10 Awesome Reasons to See a Nutritionist.
By Bernadette Noonan.
- You get an individual program designed just for you! No fad diets. No generic food plans. Your program is based on your goals, likes, dislikes, allergies, nutritional requirements.
- You gain your own personal food coach! Your Nutritionist will give you guidance and motivation to reach your goals. (And I promise we won’t stand there yelling at you from the sidelines of your favourite restaurant!)
- You learn simple ways to create a healthier life by creating healthy habits with food and lifestyle choices.
- Your digestion will get an overhaul! Did you know that poor digestion can lead to more than just weight gain, gas and bloating? It can also lead to nutritional deficiencies, menstrual problems, lowered immunity and even anxiety and depression.
- Your Nutritionist will help you get to know what foods work for you and what foods don’t.
- Improve your sleep. Boost your energy. Improve your skin. Balance your hormones. Mend your immune system. Your Nutritionist can get to the bottom of what is causing your issues, and help you to correct them.
- Learn how good nutrition can help prevent you from getting sick in the future. Your Nutritionist will help you make changes today to help to prevent a number of diet related conditions including Type 2 Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Learn easy tips and tricks to make cooking, grocery shopping and eating out more enjoyable!
- Sick of eating the same thing day in day out? Your Nutritionist will give you easy, delicious and nutritious recipes cooked with seasonal and local foods to add to your collection.
- But the number one, most important reason to visit a Nutritionist…….. you will learn to stop fearing and start enjoying food again 🙂
Book a Nutrition appointment with Bernie at our Noarlunga Centre Physio clinic and make a change in your life.
Acupuncture & Nutrition
Bernie is a qualified Acupuncturist and Nutritionist living and working on the beautiful Fleurieu Peninsula.
After completing a Bachelor of Health Sciences at the University of Adelaide, she went on to gain a Master of Applied Sciences (Acupuncture) through RMIT and Master of Human Nutrition through Deakin University.
With a strong interest in the link between digestive imbalances and the overall health of the body (pain, anxiety and lowered immune function), Bernie’s treatment aim is to support your body to return to a state of wellness using a blend of Traditional Chinese Medicine philosophy and Western Medical advancement.
Bernie’s acupuncture technique is gentle and calming. Treatments may include acupuncture (needles), laser acupuncture, cupping, tuina (TCM Massage), moxibustion, TDP Heat Lamp, dietary therapy/ nutrition therapy and lifestyle advice.
She believes in ‘food as medicine’ and combines Chinese dietary therapy with Clinical Nutrition to come up with a treatment plan that is individual to you. She believes in a relaxed approach to eating based around seasonal wholefoods and the occasional treat.
She has great success and experience in treating and supporting:
- Digestive issues such as IBS, crohn’s, colitis, coeliac disease, food intolerances, reflux
- Stress and energy concerns such as insomnia, depression, anxiety, fatigue, post-viral infection, chronic fatigue syndrome
- Immune issues such as autoimmune disease, lowered immunity, recurring infections, hayfever and allergies
- Hormone imbalances including PCOS, irregular periods, PMS and fertility issues
- Arthritis and inflammatory conditions
- Headaches and migraines
- Acute and chronic low back pain
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Sporting injuries